Monday 16 January 2012

Music Video Ideas

I started out with 3 Main song ideas and video narratives.

My first was to take Beyonce's - Love on Top and make a video based on choreography and different types of dance. With many split screens and fast paced editing. However, after researching many student's past work I found that many of videos based on dancing didn't turn out as well as those with a set narrative.
The music video was released during planning (just like Taylor's song) and the video was based on dance and costume changes. Even though my initial idea wasn't EXACTLY like Beyonce's, I thought it was too similar.



Next I would use John Mayer's - Don't Stop this Train. This would be about a girl trying to find the colour in her life again after going to places where nothing really felt like home. The whole video would be in black and white and shows a journey through the black and white times until she reaches her destination, which would be in colour. The final scene showing the colour back in her life would be shown by being faded in.
Throughout the video i would be overlaying two clips over each other in split screens. The reason i decided not to use this idea as my final idea is because it'd be hard and expensive to be able to get on the train and find different stops to be able to get off and film around. Plus the final destination may be extremely busy.



John Mayer's Live version of Don't Stop This Train.
My final idea was Ours - Taylor Swift. The narrative for this would be based entirely on a love story, the conventional boy/girl soppy story. Unfortunately, during my time of planning this the music video was released and was based on the same plot as mine. I felt that it was too similar to mine therefore didn't decide to make this my final idea.



As you can see the narrative of this is based on a girl whose boyfriend is stationed in the army. It follows the story of Taylor (the girlfriend) having to go to work and deal with all the gossiping and speculations about her and her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment